If you’re into that new coffee that’s been going around, you’re going to love this no-bake dalgona cheesecake. Rich with a super-strong coffee flavor, this dessert is easy and takes few ingredients. A perfect, creamy, and classical cheesecake base, you can’t choose a better sweet treat.
Dalgona coffee or Whipped Coffee is all the rage right now. I’m definitely ok with this since I live for coffee and dalgona coffee has become one of my new favorite drinks, in general.
There’s nothing better when one of my favorite recipes gets paired with another favorite recipe of mine. No-Bake Dalgona Cheesecake is like the merge of the year and I am head over heels for it. It’s definitely ranking as my favorite dessert and I’m sure, once you try it, you’ll be just as hooked as I am. It’s ranking up there with Chocolate Chip Banana Bread or and Tres Leches Cupcakes!
How to Make No-Bake Dalgona Cheesecake
- Make the crust – Crush the graham crackers until finely crushed. Add them to a bowl with butter and mix until the ingredients resemble wet sand. Spray non-stick spray on a cake pan and press the crust mixture firmly into the bottom. Chill until needed.
- Make the dalgona – Add the ingredients to a small bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Make the filling – In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth again.
- Mix it all together – Fold the dalgona into the filling along with the whipped cream. Pour into the prepared crust and spread even.
- Chill and serve – Chill the No-Bake Dalgona Cheesecake in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Top Tips and Recipe Variations
- Storage – Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- Reheating – Don’t forcibly reheat cheesecake, as it’s meant to be served chilled anyways. If storing in the fridge, you can serve cheesecake immediately. If serving from the freezer, let the cheesecake come to a normal chilled temperature for serving on its own.
- How hot does the water need to be? – When making the dalgona, you don’t need boiling water. Hot water from the tap will do just fine.
- Toppings – If you want to serve your cheesecake with a garnish, there are a few options you can choose from. Chocolate covered espresso beans would be a nice touch along with, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, coffee-flavored chocolate chips, etc.
- Freeze before cutting – No-bake cheesecake will sit up nicely in the fridge. However, when you go to cut it, the slices might not be as pretty. For easier cutting and prettier slices, freeze the cheesecake for about an hour before serving. It thaws up fast, so no worries there.
Is Dalgona Coffee Good?
Whether or not dalgona coffee is good depends on your coffee preferences. It’s pretty strong, which can leave a bitter taste behind. If you like black coffee, it’s perfect for you. Some need a touch more sugar than others to be able to enjoy it. So, truly, it’s all up to your tastes for coffee.
What’s the Hype About Dalgona Coffee?
The biggest hype about it is the fact that it’s new and easily made at home. Although some say it’s a revamped recipe that has been popular in India for a very long time. Not to mention, it packs a hard punch in the caffeine department.
This no-bake dalgona cheesecake was one of the easiest and creamiest cheesecakes ever. Once you give this a try, you’ll always want to make it.
More Dessert Recipe Ideas…
No-Bake Dalgona Cheesecake
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- To prepare the crust, smash the graham crackers with a rolling pin or by hand until it’s mostly crumbled and only a few small chunks remain.
- Mix the butter and sugar in with the crushed crackers until well combined.
- Prepare a cake pan with wax paper or butter spray and press the crust mix into the pan in a thin layer. Refrigerate while you are preparing the filling.
- To prepare the Dalgona coffee, whip the instant coffee, hot water and sugar together until fluffy stiff peaks form and the mix turns a light brown or tan color. Set aside.
- To prepare the filling, beat the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer or by hand until it becomes creamy and light.
- Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Fold in the Dalgona mix and cool whip.
- Remove the crust from the fridge, pour the filling into the pan and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Enjoy with fresh raspberries and crushed graham cookies on top, if desired.