This whipped coffee aka dalgona coffee has taken social media by storm. Everybody either has been making this or wanting to learn how to make it. All you need is instant coffee, sugar, and hot water.
How Do You Make Whipped Coffee (Dalgona Coffee)?
This recipe starts by mixing instant coffee, hot water (I just used hot water from my sink), and sugar with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes. You may also use a regular hand mixer but you’ll be mixing for a while so I highly recommend using an electric one. Once the mixture gets frothy and forms stiff peaks, you’re ready to serve.
How Do You Serve This?
I like adding ice to a glass, filling it to the top with whole milk or almond milk. You may use any milk you prefer. Then I top it off with a doll-up of the creamy foamy whipped coffee mixture on top. You may mix it with a spoon or drink it as is.
Tips For The Perfect Beverage
- Instant coffee is a must, make sure to use your favorite brand.
- This isn’t a sweet beverage but you may certainly add some condensed milk, caramel syrup, or extra sweetener to sweeten things up.
- Some people sprinkle a little ground cinnamon or cocoa powder on top of the drink. Feel free to do so. Powdered sugar is another great topping.
What Does Whipped Dalgona Coffee Taste Like?
Imagine a creamier version of an iced latte. Also, reminds me of an espresso shot.
Where Did Dalgona Coffee Come From?
Although the drink has origins in Pakistan, India, and Macau it didn’t go viral on social media until it appeared on a Korean tv show called Pyunstorang.
More Drink Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Mango Banana Smoothie
- Green Apple Martini
- Strawberry Banana Milkshake
- Spinach Avocado Green Smoothie
Whipped Coffee (Dalgona Coffee)
- Electric mixer
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 2 cups milk
- Add the instant coffee, sugar, and hot water to a bowl and mix with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Add some ice and 1 cup of milk to a glass and top it off with the instant coffee mixture. Garnish with some cocoa powder or ground cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!