My potato and egg salad version using most of my favorite ingredients. Including my favorite, roasted fresh garlic.
This potato salad is made with basically most of my favorite ingredients. I roasted the garlic and it gives it such incredible flavor. Whish the roasted garlic into the mayo and mustard mixture for the ultimate taste. You may use sweet Vidalia onions or red instead of scallions.
Add as much or as little egg as you’d like. I like a lot. Capers sounds weird but it works. I threw a couple tbsp in. I always use Hellman’s mayo but feel free to use Miracle Whip if you like it sweet. If you’re a Hellman’s fan like me but like a little sweetness in your potato salad add some sweet relish or a pinch of sugar.
Potato and Egg Salad
Easy and creamy potato salad with eggs and roasted garlic. A real crowd pleaser.
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: Easy Potato Salad, Egg and Potato Salad, Potato Egg and Garlic Salad
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 349 kcal
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes
- 5 large eggs
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon grainy mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 scallions
- 2 tbsp capers optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add chopped potatoes to a large pot of water and cook until tender.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Place them in cold water, peel, and chop.
- To make the roasted garlic, add the garlic to an oven-safe ramekin and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, cover, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once done baking, peel the garlic, mince, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, grainy dijon mustard, vinegar, and roasted garlic.
- Fold in the cooked potatoes and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs, scallions, capers, and smoked paprika.
- Garnish with additional scallions and sliced boiled eggs, if desired.
Potato and Egg Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Cholesterol 114mg 38%
Sodium 294mg 12%
Potassium 768mg 22%
Total Carbohydrates 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 8g 16%
Vitamin A 6.4%
Vitamin C 25%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.