Potato and Egg Salad is the ultimate bowl of comfort. This salad consists of Yukon gold potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and a creamy garlic mayo blend. This will certainly be a hit at your next picnic or potluck!
This is one of my all-time favorite potato salad recipes. Loaded with all of my favorite ingredients like eggs, potatoes, mayo, and garlic. I mean, come on! I love this recipe and I have a feeling this will become your new favorite as well!
Which Potatoes Are Best For This?
I really liked Yukon gold and red potatoes because they tend to hold their shape well when mixed with other condiments. However, feel free to use any kind you like or have on hand.
Roasted Garlic Substitutes:
Granulated garlic or even garlic sauteed in olive oil would be great substitutions for roasted garlic.
How Long Is This Potato and Egg Salad Good For?
If you place this potato and egg salad in an air-tight container in the fridge, it should last anywhere from 3-4 days. Make sure to add a couple of tbsp of extra mayo before serving.
More Salad Recipe Ideas:
Potato and Egg Salad
- 8 Yukon gold potatoes
- 5 large eggs
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon grainy mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 scallions
- 2 tbsp capers optional
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add chopped potatoes to a large pot of water and cook until tender.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Place them in cold water, peel, and chop.
- To make the roasted garlic, add the garlic to an oven-safe ramekin and drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, cover, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once done baking, peel the garlic, mince, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayo, grainy dijon mustard, vinegar, and roasted garlic.
- Fold in the cooked potatoes and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs, scallions, capers, and smoked paprika.
- Garnish with additional scallions and sliced boiled eggs, if desired.