Avocado crema begins with a mayo and sour cream base although some people only use sour cream. I like the flavor that both condiments provide. You can even use yogurt if you prefer! This quick and easy sauce is typically served with Mexican dishes but feel free to dip some French fries or onion rings in it!
- Mayonaisse and Sour Cream – Creates a thick creamy texture! Yogurt works too.
- Avocado – I used one ripe Hass avocado but you can use two avocados for a chunkier sauce.
- Cilantro – If you’re not a fan of cilantro, omit it.
- Garlic – Adds lots of flavor! I highly recommend using fresh garlic but granulated garlic works too.
- Lime – Adds a citrusy taste. I don’t recommend using yellow lemons.
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and enjoy!
- Don’t have a blender or food processor? Mix the ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.
- Switch up the ratios to your personal preference. Taste the avocado crema after blending it and add more lime juice or garlic if needed.
- If the sauce is too thick for your liking, add a splash of water. If the sauce is too thin, add more avocado or mayo.
- Want to make it spicy? Add a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper!
Place the avocado crema in an air-tight container, preferably a mason jar, and refrigerate for up to 8 days.
More Sauce Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lime
- salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and enjoy!