These quick and easy beef tostadas are a real crowd-pleaser. Made with ground beef, refried beans, and all the fixings. Serve with lime wedges, hot sauce, extra sour cream and you’re in business!
These beef tostadas are packed with flavor but super easy to make. If you can you may certainly these instant pot refried beans from scratch and smother your tostadas with them. Although store-bought canned refried beans are ok too. Of course, I prefer homemade refried beans, but if you want to make these on a busy weeknight who am I to judge?
You can also skip the refried beans altogether! Just cook the beef and top these tostadas off with your favorite toppings. As you can see, I love to top these tostadas off with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded Mexican blend cheese, and sour cream or crema Mexicana.
What Are Tostadas?
Tostadas are deep-fried tortillas topped off with beans, beef, and other toppings. They are meant to be messy and delicious!
Can I Make This Vegetarian?
Absolutely! Just omit the beef and you’ll have a delicious flavorful vegetarian meal.
Can I Add Guacamole?
Of course. Guacamole or fresh avocado make fantastic toppings.
Can I Omit The Green Chilies?
Yes, if you’re not a fan of spicy food, simply omit the chili powder and green chilies. If you do enjoy some heat, add extra green chilies and top it off with spicy hot sauce.
Unfortunately, I don’t recommend making these beef tostadas ahead of time only because the tostadas will get soggy. However, feel free to cook the beef and prepare all of the fixings ahead of time. Add the beef and toppings to the tostada when you’re ready to eat.
More Delicious Meals You’ll Enjoy…
- Tex-Mex Grilled Chicken Burrito
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tostadas
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- instant pot refried beans or canned
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and green chilies and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 20 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the ground beef and let it brown completely. Once browned, add the cumin, granulated garlic, onion powder, chili powder, oregano, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally. Check for seasoning.
- Add about 1/4 cup of refried beans to each tostada, 3-4 tbsp of beef on top, and serve with all the fixings!
Leave a Reply