When I was a little girl my mom used to take me to a little pancake house where they had almost every different pancake flavor you can imagine. Of course I would always get plain pancakes. One day I decided to order the blueberry pancakes, and I never looked back. They became my favorite instantly. There is nothing like a cold snowy winter morning accompanied by some blueberry pancakes and hot coffee. These blueberry pancakes are so fluffy, fresh, and delicious. I guarantee that if you make these once, you’ll make them again.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 eggs separated
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the yolks until pale and smooth and whisk in the buttermilk and baking soda
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff
- Pour the buttermilk mixture and the melted butter into the flour mixture and whisk together
- Fold in the egg whites
- Preheat skillet and add some butter
- ladle batter onto griddle, add blueberries, and turn when bubbles form around the cakes.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, butter, and powdered sugar