These cheesy chicken quesadillas are super easy to put together with simple ingredients. Made with cheese, red bell peppers, and juicy chicken. A guaranteed hit for game day or any party!
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
Tex-Mex appetizers are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re making chicken flautas or quesadillas your guests will be ecstatic. I enjoy these for lunch, dinner, or an appetizer.
They’re also super versatile. You may substitute the chicken for shrimp or any veggies you’d like. These cheesy quesadillas can be served with sour cream, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Nothing beats a hot and crispy quesadilla dipped in some cold guac!
Why These Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas Are So Good
- Super inexpensive to make, tastes great, and is very filling.
- The red bell peppers add sweetness and the cheese adds saltiness so it all comes together nicely.
- The tortillas are nice and crispy on the outside and the cheese is gooey and melted on the inside. Perfection!
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Boneless Chicken Breasts – Cooks quickly and is perfect for quesadillas.
- Tortillas – Use large burrito tortillas
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese – Adds saltiness and makes it extra cheesy.
- Red Bell Pepper – Adds sweetness.
- Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper – To taste.
How To Make Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- Season the chicken on both sides and cook over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Finely dice the red bell peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove the peppers from the skillet and set aside.
- Cover the tortilla with cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, and mozzarella cheese, peppers, and diced chicken. Place another tortilla on top and cook the quesadilla over low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Use any kind of cheese you have on hand or any size tortillas.
- Rotisserie chicken works for this recipe.
- Shred the chicken instead if you’d like.
- Add spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes if desired.
What Sides To Serve With These?
Crab Guacamole, Queso Dip, and Spanish Rice pair fantastically with these delicious cheesy chicken quesadillas.
More Game Day Recipes You’ll Love
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tortillas
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, paprika, cumin, and oregano.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked through. Dice the chicken and set aside.
- Add the diced red bell peppers to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cover the tortilla with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese 1/2 cup diced chicken, and about 2 tbsp of red peppers. Place another tortilla on top. Cook the quesadillas over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Let the quesadillas rest for about 1 minute before serving. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Leave a Reply