Hot Crab Dip is the ultimate party appetizer and takes about 5 minutes to put together. The oven does all the work.
I love easy appetizers like Bang Bang Shrimp, Chicken Avocado Eggrolls, and Queso Dip!
Crab and cheese are two of my all-time favorite ingredients so why not toss them together and see what happens? So glad I did because the end result was fantastic. Crab dip is very similar to Creamed Spinach because they’re both made with cream cheese and are a definite crowd pleaser.
Some may think this is a spicy dip because of the word “hot” but that’s not the case. It just means that it’s served at a warm or hot temperature. You may throw in some spinach and red bell peppers if you’d like.
You may use light mayo and light cream cheese if you’d like, although I always use full-fat ingredients unless I specify otherwise.
This crab dip idea came to me when I was eating Crab Stuffed Peppers the other day, I realized I don’t have many crab recipes. So immediately I knew I had to make a crab dip.
How to Make Hot Crab Dip:
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the mixture in an oven safe baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes and broil for the final minute.
What Can I Serve This With?
- Ritz Crackers
- Saltine Crackers
- Celery Sticks
- Carrot Sticks
- Crusty Bread
What Can I Substitute Crab With?
- Rotisserie Chicken
The best part about this recipe is that it’s low carb and can be enjoyed with celery sticks. This is the perfect recipe for your friends who are eating keto friendly and low carb.
More Easy Appetizers You’ll Love:
Hot Crab Dip
- 1 lb crab meat
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 green onion
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp old bay seasoning
- hot sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, hot sauce, old bay seasoning, granulated garlic, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, and garlic.
- Fold in the crab meat gently.
- Place the mixture in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Broil for the final minute.
- Enjoy with crackers if desired.
Best crab dip I ever ate!!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed it, Marcia 🙂
I made this for my family, it was absolutely delicious. Thank you
So glad you and your family enjoyed it! Thanks for commenting xoxo