These Baked Buffalo Wings are a classic and a must for game day! Crispy chicken wings baked to perfection and coated in buffalo sauce.
Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
These wings are super easy to make at home and the best part of it all is that there is no frying involved. Buffalo wings are usually unbreaded deep-fried wings coated in a vinegar-based cayenne pepper sauce.
However, there’s nothing wrong with adjusting classic recipes from time to time. If you’ve ever wondered why buffalo wings have such a potent smell and taste, it’s because of the vinegar.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Chicken Wings
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Frank’s Original Hot Sauce
- Unsalted Butter
How do you make buffalo sauce?
Making homemade buffalo sauce is super simple. All you need are the following ingredients:
- Melted Unsalted Butter
- Honey – this is completely optional but I highly recommend using it to sweeten things up a bit.
- Hot Sauce – Any kind of hot sauce is fine but Frank’s original hot sauce works best for this recipe.
Why these buffalo wings are so good:
- Frying wings can be messy. These chicken wings are oven-baked and not deep-fried.
- Seasoned with a delicious spice mixture and baked until golden brown, then tossed is delicious buffalo sauce.
- You can use store-bought buffalo sauce or make your own sauce. Making homemade buffalo sauce is super easy.
- Chicken wings can be enjoyed as an appetizer, entree, or snack. A real crowd-pleaser, everyone loves buffalo wings!
How to make crispy baked buffalo wings
Before you get started, make sure you pat dry the chicken really well with a paper towel and have the chicken come to room temperature.
- Place the room temperature dry chicken wings in a large bowl and season with paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the all-purpose and baking powder over the wings and coat well. The flour and baking powder will help the chicken get nice and crispy.
- Bake for 25 minutes then flip and continue baking until fully cooked through and crispy.
- Toss in the buffalo sauce and enjoy with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- Use fresh chicken wings not frozen.
- Use a baking sheet with a wire rack and leave some room in between each chicken wings. You don’t want the chicken wings to touch each other.
What to serve this with
Carrot sticks and celery sticks are almost a must when serving wings but you can, of course, serve this with just ranch or blue cheese dressing. 4 cheese mac and cheese pairs fantastically with this as well!
More game day recipes you’ll enjoy:
- Hot Crab Dip
- Chicken Avocado Eggrolls
- French Onion Dip
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Shrimp
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
Baked Buffalo Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Franks Original Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted melted butter
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Pat dry the wings with a paper towel and coat with the granulated garlic, paprika, onion powder, salt, pepper, all-purpose flour, and baking powder.
- Place the wings on a baking sheet with a wire rack and bake for 25 minutes then flip them and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- To make the buffalo sauce, mix the unsalted melted butter, hot sauce, and honey and cook for in a saucepan over medium-high heat until fully warmed through.
- Toss the wings in the buffalo sauce and enjoy!