Cheesy garlic asparagus is super easy to put together and is ready in just 10 minutes! A low-carb and keto-friendly side dish that is delicious and comforting.
Can you believe this is the first asparagus recipe I’ve shared on the blog? I love vegetables and plan on sharing more dishes including them. Baked asparagus are my favorite because they cook so quickly. Throw some cheese on top and you have the most delicious meal side.
Why I Love This Cheesy Garlic Asparagus Recipe
- Inexpensive to make, healthy, and perfect for a last-minute meal idea.
- Pairs wonderfully with main dishes like air fryer steak, crab stuffed salmon, and fried lobster tails.
- This is a super versatile recipe, you can use whatever cheese you prefer such as cheddar or gouda. You can also include other veggies you have on hand.
- Only 6 ingredients requires!
- Asparagus – I used thick asparagus stalks and roasted them for a total of 9 minutes. Although, I highly recommend cutting the cooking time in half if using thin asparagus stalks. Make sure to trim the tough bottoms of the asparagus, about 1 to 2 inches.
- Red Crushed Pepper – This is optional. I like to add some for a bit of spice but if you’re not a fan, simply omit it.
How To Make
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt, black pepper, fresh garlic, and red crushed pepper.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Remove it from the oven and add the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 2 minutes and then broil for 1 minute or until the cheese melts completely.
Want to make it even quicker? Boil the asparagus instead! Cook for 1-2 minutes in boiling salted water. Then place the cooked asparagus on a baking sheet, cover with cheese, and broil for 1-2 minutes.
How Do You Select Asparagus?
Although asparagus is available year-round it is best to purchase it when in season. I highly recommend enjoying asparagus, especially from February to June. White, purple, or bright green asparagus all work for this recipe.
Other Vegetables You Might Enjoy
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Cheesy Garlic Asparagus
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red crushed pepper or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and trim off the tough ends of the asparagus, about 1-2 inches.
- Pat dry the asparagus with a paper towel. Coat the asparagus with olive oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, red crushed pepper, and fresh garlic. Bake for 6 minutes.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top of the asparagus and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Broil for 1 minute or until the cheese completely melts. Enjoy!