This chicken thyme pasta is super comforting and rich. Made with fusilli pasta, cream, thyme, and juicy chunks of chicken. The ultimate date night meal!
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of creamy chicken pasta? There is nothing better than a rich comforting meal after a long day of work. Especially if that meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. Enjoy this chicken thyme pasta with cheesy garlic bread and a side of tomato avocado salad for a complete meal.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Pasta of your choice
- I used dried thyme but feel free to use fresh thyme
- Fresh Garlic
- Parmesan Cheese
- White Wine
- Chicken Stock
- Heavy Cream
- Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Chicken Thyme Pasta
Start off by bringing a large pot of water to a rapid boil and cooking the pasta till al dente. In a skillet, heat some oil and cook the chicken breast chunks for 4-5 minutes on each side. Season generously with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook for 15 seconds. Pour in the white wine and let it reduce by half. Add the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes. Pour the heavy cream, lemon juice, thyme, and fresh parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked chicken and cooked pasta. Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Can I Use Other Herbs Besides Thyme?
Yes, absolutely. Feel free to add rosemary, basil, dill, or any herbs you may have on hand.
I absolutely adored this recipe. Super creamy, rich, and delicious. It is truly a great recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
More Pasta Recipe Ideas…
- Creamy Spicy Shrimp Spaghetti
- Penne alla Vodka with Shrimp
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta
- Rigatoni al Forno
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Chicken Thyme Pasta
- 1 lb fusilli pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Season the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, on medium heat, heat the oil and add the chicken.
- Cook until fully cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the browned chicken to a bowl or plate and set aside.
- Add the fresh minced garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant. Pour the wine into the skillet and use a wooden spoon to scrape the browned bits up from the bottom. Let the wine reduce by half.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the cream, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, and the thyme, as well as some salt and pepper.
- Allow simmering for an additional 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Taste the sauce and add additional salt and pepper if required. Add the cooked pasta and chicken to the skillet and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply