Crab stuffed mushrooms seasoned and roasted to perfection. A quick and delicious appetizer or snack option that will impress your guests. I enjoy these on their own but they also pair lovely with steak or chicken.
I’m always looking for meal ideas that are appetizing and easy to make. When you use good ingredients like fresh mushrooms and real crab meat, you’re bound to have a successful meal. These stuffed mushrooms were absolutely exquisite!
What Mushrooms Should I Use?
I used 8 ounces of cremini mushrooms but the possibilities are endless. Just make sure to remove the stems and clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel by rubbing on them gently.
How Do I Stuff Mushrooms?
You can either use a mini melon ball scooper or form small balls of crab with your hands. Some people chop the stems of the mushrooms and add them to the filling. I prefer stuffing them with only crab meat.
Is This Recipe Low Carb?
Because I used Ritz crackers for this recipe, it is not low carb. However, if you omit the crackers this can be low carb and keto-friendly.
- Use any kind of crab your budget allows for. Imitation crab meat, lump crab meat, or canned crab works for this recipe.
- Make sure you bake the mushrooms for 8 minutes before stuffing them so they release some of their liquid.
- Use saltine crackers or panko breadcrumbs if you don’t have Ritz crackers on hand.
- I recently made stuffed crab shrimp with sauce and I just know that you will love that sauce recipe. You can serve these crab stuffed mushrooms with that delicious cajun cream sauce.
- Add some fresh herbs such as thyme and parsley for some extra flavor and color!
What To Serve With Crab Stuffed Mushrooms?
Although I think these make the ultimate appetizer, you can serve these as an entree with creamy mashed potatoes and honey roasted carrots.
If you enjoyed these mouthwatering stuffed mushrooms then you will also enjoy these creamed mushrooms. These cheese stuffed mushrooms are another favorite! You can also find other delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 6 Ritz crackers crushed
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and clean them with a damp paper towel.
- Season the mushroom caps with olive oil, salt, and pepper and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes.
- While the mushrooms bake, prepare the crab filling. In a large bowl, combine the mayo, dijon mustard, old bay seasoning, lemon juice, crushed ritz crackers, and melted butter. Mix well. Gently fold in the crab meat. Check for seasoning.
- Remove the liquid the mushrooms released from the skillet and stuff each mushroom with about 1 tbsp of the crab mixture. Bake for 10 minutes and broil for 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy warm.
Which Mushrooms should we use?
The possibilities are endless.
But cremini mushrooms for this one.