Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I’ve been busy in the kitchen. Especially busy using butter and cream. It’s Thanksgiving! I like to mostly cook comfort food for Thanksgiving because it’s once a year. I’m making mostly creamed vegetables and of course Mac and cheese, and Turkey.
I absolutely love anything “creamed”. You can serve me a creamed shoe and I might try it. I made these creamed mushrooms last year for Thanksgiving and my little cousins who aren’t mushroom fans devoured them. I promise I’m not lying. I am sort of a skeptic and usually don’t believe stories like those but I am honestly telling the truth. They devoured those delicious creamed mushrooms 🙂
I’ll be making these mushrooms every single year. You will too if you give them a try.
These easy creamed mushrooms make the perfect side dish for a special dinner. Creamy and delicious with a touch of heat, you’ll love this easy recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, garlic, and red crushed pepper flakes.
- Cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and cream cheese.
- Simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens and the cream cheese completely melts.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Try these amazing other Thanksgiving Sides….