Creamed Mushrooms are the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving or any special occasion. This is one of my favorite side dishes along with Creamed Corn and Creamed Spinach.
Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I’ve been busy in the kitchen. Especially busy using butter and cream. I like to mostly cook comfort food for Thanksgiving because it’s once a year. I’m making mostly creamed vegetables and of course
I absolutely love anything “creamed”. You can serve me a creamed shoe and I might enjoy it. I made these creamed mushrooms last year for Thanksgiving and my little cousins who aren’t mushroom fans devoured them. I promise I’m not lying. I am sort of a skeptic and usually don’t believe stories like those but I am honestly telling the truth. They devoured those delicious creamed mushrooms 🙂
I’ll be making these mushrooms every single year. You will too if you give them a try.
More recipes you’ll love:
These easy creamed mushrooms make the perfect side dish for a special dinner. Creamy and delicious with a touch of heat, you’ll love this easy recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter, garlic, and red crushed pepper flakes.
- Cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and cream cheese.
- Simmer over low heat until the sauce thickens and the cream cheese completely melts.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.