These photos are awful and blurry but I just can’t bring myself to delete this post because not only was this one of my first Youtube videos, the recipe is actually amazing. I love a well seasoned crispy chicken slider. I never like to rely on condiments for taste.
I like making these for parties and they go pretty fast. The crispy chicken sliders are definitely the most popular. And so easy to make.
Crispy Chicken Sliders
- 2 thick skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Slice each chicken breast into quarters.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp granulated garlic, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and coat with mustard.
- Add the buttermilk and mix it thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Season the all purpose flour with 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp granulated garlic, salt, pepper, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Let the chicken come to room temperature and then coat in flour, removing any excess flour.
- Fry the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve on slider rolls, top with lettuce, tomato, and mayo, if desired and enjoy!