These photos are awful and blurry but I just can’t bring myself to delete this post because not only was this one of my first Youtube videos, the recipe is actually amazing. I love a well seasoned crispy chicken slider. I never like to rely on condiments for taste.
I like making these for parties and they go pretty fast. The crispy chicken sliders are definitely the most popular. And so easy to make.
Crispy Chicken Sliders
Perfectly seasoned buttermilk crispy chicken sliders. Perfect for parties or any day of the week.
- Prep Time: 120 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 135 minutes
- Yield: 4 people
- Cuisine: American
- 2 thick skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil (for frying)
- Slice each chicken breast into quarters.
- Season the chicken with 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp granulated garlic, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and coat with mustard.
- Add the buttermilk and mix it thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Season the all purpose flour with 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp granulated garlic, salt, pepper, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Let the chicken come to room temperature and then coat in flour, removing any excess flour.
- Fry the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Serve on slider rolls, top with lettuce, tomato, and mayo, if desired and enjoy!