These chicken parm sliders are great for the Superbowl or any day of the week and the best part, everyone will love them! Vegetarian friends? Eggplant Sliders! You can’t go wrong with these.
Chicken Parm Sliders
Easy crispy chicken parmesan sliders. Perfect for any gathering. Your guests will be thrilled with these little delicious sliders.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8-12 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes or jar sauce
- 1/2 small shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 dozen butter rolls
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat a large skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, red pepper flakes, garlic and cook for 10 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in the sauce, add the oregano, red wine, salt, pepper, basil, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce simmers, season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Season the all-purpose flour and bread crumbs with salt and pepper as well.
- Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour on both sides, shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and then coat the chicken with the bread crumbs.
- Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Slice each chicken breast into 3 pieces so they’ll fit on a slider bun.
- Place the slider bottom halves in a casserole dish and top them off with the chicken, sauce, and cheese.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
- Place the slider buns on top, brush with melted butter and bake for an additional 3 minutes.