I promise that these dinner rolls are the softest pillowy dinner rolls ever. I love making homemade dinner rolls because it’s made with all natural ingredients. Ingredients that we can actually pronounce. Ok maybe I’m exaggerating but ingredients that are in our everyday vocabulary. These are made with real butter, whole milk, etc. They’re obviously destined for greatness. You can serve these with a little butter with dinner or even some jam for breakfast.
Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls
These soft, buttery dinner rolls are the perfect addition to any meal! Serve warm with some butter at dinner or make delicious mini-sandwiches.
- Prep Time: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 80 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 ounces melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, stir the yeast into the warm water ( about 120 degreeand let it sit for about 5-6 minutes.
- Once the yeast is nice and foamy go ahead and beat in the hot milk, sugar, melted butter, salt, and egg.
- Add the bread flour to the yeast mixture, and knead with the dough hook. Mix for 8-10 minutes until the dough is slightly tacky.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough with your hands for a couple extra seconds
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it sit in a warm place for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Place the risen dough on your floured work surface and divide the dough into 12 pieces.
- Shape the dough pieces into dinner rolls by tucking the edges underneath.
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan and place the balls of dough spaced a little apart. Cover and let it rise in a warm place for an additional 40 minutes or until doubled in size
- Brush the risen balls of dough with the egg wash and place in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Brush with melted butter and enjoy