These original pancakes are the most delicious pancakes ever. No buttermilk required and the batter comes together in under 5 minutes. Serve these with a side of soft scrambled eggs and bacon!
Nothing tastes better than fluffy original pancakes with crisp edges and fresh fruit. The best part about this easy recipe is the fact that it requires minimal ingredients.
This stack of original pancakes are super fluffy and delicious. Smear a little butter and drizzle some maple syrup on top for the ultimate breakfast plate. Although, I love eating pancakes for dinner as well.
Why these original pancakes are so good:
- These pancakes are made from scratch and are super easy to make.
- Not everyone may like blueberry pancakes but most people love original plain pancakes, especially the kids.
- These can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- This recipe is super versatile and you may add chocolate chips, bananas, blueberries, etc.
How to make original pancakes
This pancake batter is super easy to put together, here’s all you have to do:
- Combine the milk, egg, sugar, vanilla extract, and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Heat a large buttered skillet over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Do not overmix the batter.
What do you do with leftover pancake batter?
Place the leftover batter in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Mix before using it.
What can I serve these pancakes with?
- Fresh fruit
- Whipped Cream
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
More recipes you’ll enjoy:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, sugar, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix until well combines.
- In a large buttered skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and butter.