This seafood pasta salad is loaded with real lump crab meat, shrimp, and eggs tossed together with shells and mayo. This creamy and delicious salad is the perfect side dish for a picnic or potluck.
There is nothing better than a big bowl of homemade creamy pasta salad. You can add as many or little ingredients as you like. I love adding hard-boiled eggs and onions because it adds great flavor but feel free to omit any ingredient you aren’t a fan of. This recipe is super forgiving!
Why I Love This Seafood Pasta Salad Recipe
- There’s so much flavor and it includes some of my all-time favorite ingredients. I Absolutely love real crab meat, shrimp, eggs, and pasta, so combining it all together makes me a happy girl!
- This makes awesome leftovers! Make sure to place any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Can be served as a main course, snack, or side dish.
- Takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- Pasta – You can use any type of pasta you have on hand although I highly recommend a short shape pasta like macaroni, shells, or bow-tie.
- Crab – Imitation crab meat is fine if you enjoy it I personally prefer real lump crab meat but feel free to use whatever your budget allows.
- Fresh Dill – I love adding fresh dill to every cold seafood dish I make. If you can’t find dill use any type of green herb to give it some color and extra flavor.
How To Make Seafood Pasta Salad Step By Step
- Cook the pasta – according to packaging instructions and let it cool completely.
- Boil the eggs – While the pasta cooks, boil 6 eggs, peel them, and smash them with a fork. Leave them a bit chunky for texture, if desired.
- Mix – In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients except for the pasta, shrimp, and crab. Mix well.
- Fold – Finally, fold in the cooked pasta, shrimp, and crab. Check for seasoning and enjoy!
Top Tips And Flavor Variations
- Feel free to use canned tuna, canned chicken, or lobster meat instead of crab meat.
- If you want to make it spicy add some cayenne pepper or red crushed pepper flakes. A splash of sriracha sauce works too.
- Not a fan of mayo? Swap the mayo for some sour cream, yogurt, or ranch dressing.
- If you don’t have sweet relish on hand but still want a slightly sweet taste, add a pinch of sugar.
Can I Make This Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely, feel free to make this the night before. However, make sure to add a couple of tablespoons of mayo and a splash of water right before serving it. That’ll make it creamier!
What Goes Good With Seafood Pasta Salad?
Tried this cold seafood pasta salad recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest!
Seafood Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta shells medium
- 1 lb lump crab meat
- 1/2 lb cooked shrimp
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mayo
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/8 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup red onions finely diced
- 1 tsp dill fresh
- Cook the pasta until aldente and then let it cool completely. Peel the boiled eggs and smash them with a fork or dice with a knife.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo, old bay seasoning, sweet relish, mustard, hot sauce, onions, lemon zest, and dill. Mix well.
- Fold in the pasta shells, crab, and cooked shrimp until well combined. Check for seasoning and garnish with fresh dill, if desired. Enjoy!