An easy and delicious spicy potato salad loaded with eggs, crispy bacon, Yukon gold potatoes, and jalapenos. The ultimate summer side dish that will feed and satisfy a large crowd.
This potato salad is super creamy, rich, and just all-around terrific. Probably one of the easiest potato salads I’ve ever made. Enjoy this with
oven-baked bbq chicken and chipotle baked beans.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Potatoes – I used Yukon gold potatoes but feel free to use any kind you have on hand.
- Scallions – Chives, red onions, or shallots work just as good.
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Granulated Garlic
- Crispy Bacon
- Jalapenos – I highly recommend using pickled jalapenos but fresh jalapenos work as well. Make sure to chop them up before adding it to the salad.
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Spicy Potato Salad
Rinse and peel the potatoes, cover them with salted water, and cook until fork-tender. Let the potatoes come to room temperature and dice them into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and then fold in the potatoes. Season generously with salt and pepper and enjoy!
What Potatoes Should I Use?
Any potatoes you have on hand will work for this recipe, just make sure you salt the water you cook the potatoes in and season the potato salad generously. Potatoes require a lot of salt.
If you give this creamy spicy potato salad a try, you’ll be hooked, I promise!
More Salad Recipe Ideas…
One of my summer favorite salad recipes include this delicious Hawaiian Macaroni Salad and Deviled Egg Pasta Salad. If you want a lighter alternative, this Shrimp Cobb Salad is packed with flavor and super tasty.
Did you enjoy this Spicy Potato Salad? Let me know in the comment section down below! You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Spicy Potato Salad
- 8 large potatoes Yukon Gold
- 4 eggs hard-boiled
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 scallions sliced
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cover them with cold salted water and cook for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Let the potatoes cool at room temperature and dice them into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayo, granulated garlic, pickled jalapenos, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the diced potatoes, bacon, eggs, and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the potato salad in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Add a couple of extra tbsp of mayo before serving.
Leave a Reply