This is the kind of meal you make for your friends and family when you’d rather spend time with them instead of preparing an elaborate meal in the kitchen. This is the easiest dish you can make and even easier if you buy pre cut veggies. The most tedious part about this meal is preparing the rice. For some reason, I hate preparing the rice.
For some reason, I hate preparing the rice. Other than making the rice, all you have to do is combine a couple sauces, saute some shrimp and veggies and you’re done. The most delicious shrimp stir fry. I make mine different from most people so don’t be in shock when you see me adding butter and honey.
I promise you, you’ll love it.
I always leave the tails on when making stir-fry. Most of the sauce and garlic chunks hide in the tail.
The reason you see Brussel sprouts and other weird veggies is because I bought these pre cut at the grocery store. They are incredibly convenient and I get a small portion of different veggies which I like.
The red pepper flakes are optional but I highly recommend adding a generous amount to your sauce.
You may be thinking “eww did you just steam shrimp and veggies with some sauce and are calling it stir fry” NO. I sauteed the shrimp and the veggies over high heat and then drizzled the delicious sauce. Big difference 🙂
Serve it over brown or white sticky rice and you have dinner.
Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
Perfect for an easy weeknight meal, this shrimp and veggie stir fry comes together in just minutes.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb veggies of your choice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (if desired)
- Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, sesame oil, water, corn starch, and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- In a large skillet with some vegetable oil over medium high heat, saute the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in the butter and garlic and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add some additional oil and cook the veggies for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan.
- Drizzle the sauce over the shrimp and veggies and stir until all the veggies and shrimp are well coated.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add some sesame seeds, serve over rice, and enjoy!