Looking for a quick weeknight meal that the entire family will enjoy? This shrimp and vegetable stir-fry is a delicious meal full of flavor and colors. Made in under 20 minutes!
This is the kind of meal you make for your friends and family when you’d rather spend time with them instead of preparing an elaborate meal in the kitchen.
This is the easiest dish you can make and even easier if you buy pre-cut veggies. The best part is the delicious fragrant sauce.
Other than making the rice, all you have to do is combine a couple of sauces, saute some shrimp and veggies and you’re done.
This is the most delicious shrimp stir fry ever. I make mine different from most people so don’t be in shock when you see me adding butter and honey. Although I promise you, you’ll love it.
Ingredient’s you’ll need for shrimp and vegetable stir-fry:
- Raw Shrimp – Peeled and deveined, with tails on.
- Garlic – Use fresh
- Vegetables (any kind)
- Soy Sauce – I like to use low sodium soy sauce.
- Oyster Sauce – This gives it tons of flavor so don’t omit it.
- Honey – the honey adds a nice sweetness and cuts down on the saltiness from the soy sauce.
- Sesame Oil
- Cornstarch – This helps thicken the sauce nicely.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Spices things up but feel free to omit it if you don’t like it spicy.
- Sesame Seeds – Completely optional, mostly used for garnish.
The reason you see Brussel sprouts and other veggies is because I bought these pre-cut at the grocery store. They are incredibly convenient and I get a small portion of different veggies that I like.
The red pepper flakes are optional but I highly recommend adding a generous amount to your sauce.
- Leave the tails on the shrimp when making stir-fry. Most of the sauce and garlic chunks hide in the tail.
- Use raw peeled and deveined shrimp for the best results.
- Do not overcrowd the pan or else the shrimp and vegetables will steam rather than sear.
- Always use high heat when making stir-fry.
What to serve shrimp and vegetable stir-fry with
Traditionally you serve stir-fry with a bowl of white Jasmine rice or brown rice. However, I love serving this shrimp and vegetable stir fry with some homemade shrimp fried rice. What can I say? The more shrimp the better! You may also serve this with noodles.
More delicious recipes you’ll enjoy:
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Shrimp and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lb veggies of your choice
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame seeds if desired
- Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, sesame oil, water, corn starch, and red pepper flakes, set aside.
- In a large skillet with some vegetable oil over medium high heat, saute the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in the butter and garlic and cook for an additional 20 seconds.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add some additional oil and cook the veggies for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan.
- Drizzle the sauce over the shrimp and veggies and stir until all the veggies and shrimp are well coated.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add some sesame seeds, serve over rice, and enjoy!
This is so good that little bit of heat with the red peppers it’s delicious I did use an extra tablespoon of oyster sauce because I double the recipe I used frozen Chinese vegetables that I defrosted and drain so they were dry my family loves it