This is a very quick and easy lasagna recipe that can feed a large crowd by doubling or tripling this recipe. I can’t stress enough how much I love cooking lasagna. I get excited just buying ingredients.
The best way to flavor the meat sauce is by cooking it for a long time. I think an hour is perfect because we still want this to be a quicker version of regular layered oven baked lasagna.
As long as the meat is tender and the sauce is nicely thickened I say its a win.
You can season it to your liking but I don’t go crazy seasoning lasagna with a bunch of exotic spices cause then it reminds me of chili.
Italian seasoning, lots of fresh garlic, fresh basil, onions, salt, and pepper really goes a long way here. Although, I wouldn’t be mad if you spice it up a bit with some extra cayenne or chili powder. Yum.
This rich and easy skillet lasagna is a fast weeknight dinner. Double or triple the recipe to feed a crowd!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 lb beef
- 1 lb lasagna noodles, broken in half
- 1/2 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the beef completely over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the onions, garlic, red crushed pepper, Italian seasoning, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, a splash of water, and fresh basil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 1 hour.
- Add the ricotta, fresh basil, mozzarella, and check for seasoning.
- Stir in the cooked broken lasagna noodles.
- Add fresh parmesan cheese and mozzarella on top.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese completely melts.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 6 servings