Layers of pasta, cheese, fresh vegetables, and sauce! What more can you ask for? This recipe is truly divine.
Lasagna is probably one of my all-time favorite meals. Whether it’s a classic lasagna or a crazy spin on a classic lasagna I’m all for it. This recipe is very versatile, you can use fresh or frozen vegetables but I highly recommend using fresh. A bechamel sauce works wonderfully here as well but I find a crushed tomato sauce much easier.
I enjoy my lasagna with lots of basil and cheese. That’s my personal preference but you may omit the basil and go lighter on the cheese.
You may also enjoy
Low Carb and Keto Friendly Cabbage Lasagna
Baked Ziti with Spinach
- 1 box no boil lasagna noodles
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh spinach finely chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 squash chopped
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the onions, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms for 5-6 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the fresh minced garlic and red crushed pepper, cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and 1 tbsp fresh basil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce cooks, in a large bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 tbsp basil, egg, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon about 1 cup of the vegetable mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Assemble the lasagna in this order, Sauce, no-boil noodles, ricotta mixture, 1-2 tbsp parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let the lasagna cool for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread if desired and enjoy!