These sloppy joe sliders are tender beef and cheddar cheese nestled in Hawaiian rolls, then baked to perfection. Enjoy these with potato chips, French fries, or deviled egg pasta salad.
These little sandwiches are supposed to be sloppy and messy! It’s what makes them so tasty and fun to eat. It’s the ultimate comfort meal, perfect for parties, tailgating, and potlucks. If you enjoyed these classic sloppy joes then you’ll certainly love these mini ones.
Hawaiian Rolls – You can use any type of bread rolls. Hawaiian rolls are very soft and sweet. If you’re looking for something more savory, use these onion rolls!
Beef – I used 90/10 ground beef but feel free to use ground turkey instead.
Cheese – Cheddar cheese is my favorite for sloppy Joes but American yellow cheese works too.
- Cook the beef mixture for 25 minutes uncovered or until it’s nice and thick. It shouldn’t be too runny or too dry.
- If you want to make it spicy add some red crushed pepper and cayenne pepper.
- I highly recommend enjoying these straight out of the oven. The bread may get soggy if it sits for too long so pop these in the oven when you’re ready to serve.
- If you don’t feel like turning on the oven and making 12 servings, just make a single sandwich. Place any leftover beef in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.
Do I Have To Add Brown Sugar?
No, most sloppy joe sandwiches are made on the sweeter side but if you’re not a fan of sweet sloppy joes, feel free to omit the brown sugar.
More Sliders You Might Enjoy
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Sloppy Joe Sliders
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 small onion finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2/3 cups ketchup
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 slider buns
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp sesame seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use a serrated knife to slice the rolls in half. Place the bottom layer on a baking sheet and cover it with 4 slices of cheese.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and brown it completely. Once the beef is browned, stir in the onions and red bell peppers and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and tomato paste. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, garlic powder, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, water, salt, pepper, and cook for 25 minutes over medium-high heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Once the 25 minutes are up, check for seasoning.
- Pour the beef mixture all over the sandwiches, you don't have to use all of the beef! You can leave some behind.
- Top the beef with the remaining cheese and bread. Brush the buns with melted butter and top it off with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10 minutes and enjoy!