If you’re a sandwich lover, then you will love this spicy grilled chicken sandwich. Made with juicy grilled chicken and topped off with crispy bacon, cheese, lettuce, and tomato.
This crispy chicken sandwich was the inspiration for this bad boy! I mean who doesn’t love a good homemade chicken sandwich? Although I love fried chicken, once in a while I crave grilled chicken. And while grilled chicken is delicious, grilled chicken sandwiches are even better!
Why I Love This Spicy Grilled Chicken Sanwich Recipe
- Takes less than 30 minutes to put together!
- Super flavorful, delicious, and very easy to make.
- Skip the bun and make it a low-carb and healthy meal.
Boneless Chicken Breasts – Although I used white meat, feel free to use boneless chicken thighs. However, chicken thighs will take longer to cook.
Chipotle Sauce – To get that smoky and spicy taste, you will need 1 tbsp of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for each chicken breast. It can be found in the Hispanic section of your local supermarket.
Ginger Garlic Paste – If you can’t find ginger/garlic paste feel free to use fresh minced garlic and ginger.
How To Make
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and the spice blend.
- Place the chicken in a resealable bag along with ginger garlic paste and chipotle sauce. Gently massage the chicken breasts and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Grill the chicken breast for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, mayo, pickles, and Colby jack cheese!
- Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Marinade the chicken for at least 20 minutes for extra flavor.
- Use as many toppings and condiments as you like.
- I seasoned the chicken with a spice blend that includes cayenne pepper, onion powder, paprika, and garlic powder. However, feel free to season the chicken with Cajun seasoning or chipotle seasoning.
- To make it ahead, simply marinade the chicken and place it in a resealable bag. Refrigerate for up to 2-3 days. Grill the chicken when you’re ready to serve.
What Can I Serve This With?
Tried this spicy grilled chicken sandwich recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
Spicy Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chipotle sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Brioche buns
- 8 bacon strips
- 8 cheese slices
- One at a time, place the chicken breast in a resealable bag along with 1 tbsp of oil. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken breast to an even 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and the spice blend on both sides.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable bag along with ginger garlic paste and chipotle sauce. Let it marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Serve on toasted brioche buns and top it off with crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, Colby jack cheese, and pickles. Enjoy!