Shrimp Cobb Salad – juicy shrimp cooked to perfection with crispy bacon, tomatoes, feta cheese, lettuce, avocados, and eggs tossed in a homemade lemon dijon vinaigrette.
Serve this salad with some Cheesy Garlic Bread for the ultimate lunch.
Normally when I think of cobb salads I think of bacon, chicken, eggs, and bleu cheese dressing. So delicious but what about us shrimp lovers?
I’ll take shrimp over chicken any day and if you don’t believe me just check out how many shrimp recipes there are on my blog. Homemade dressing is the way to go with this recipe but feel free to use store-bought if you prefer.
I made a lemon dijon vinaigrette in under one minute. All you need is a lemon, olive oil, dijon mustard, and salt. If you prefer a thicker and creamier dressing, I highly recommend bleu cheese or ranch dressing.
If you don’t like bacon, add some croutons or walnuts. Cobb salads must have some crunch. What I love most about this shrimp cobb salad is the fact that you can serve it for lunch, dinner, or at a cookout.
This salad was adapted from my Avocado Chicken Salad. Pretty much the same recipe except that one doesn’t require bacon and uses chicken instead of shrimp.
How to Make Shrimp Cobb Salad
Feel free to add or omit any ingredients to this salad, onions cucumbers, and olives are great additions.
- Cook some bacon until it’s nice and crisp.
- Season the shrimp and cook them for 1 minute on each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl mix the avocados, tomatoes, cooked bacon, cooked shrimp, feta cheese, and lettuce.
- Pour the lemon vinaigrette over the salad and mix until well combined.
What lettuce should I use?
You may use butter lettuce, romaine lettuce, or any type you’d like. I used a mixture of butter lettuce and romaine.
Recipe Variations and Tips For The Perfect Shrimp Cobb Salad
Salads are very forgiving, in fact, you may use whatever ingredients you have in your fridge.
- Bell peppers – dice and cook the peppers with the shrimp and add it to the salad for extra crunch.
- Walnuts – this will add crunch and nuttiness.
- Onions – if you don’t like raw onions, caramelized onions are fantastic. Cook the onions in oil for 15-20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Garlic- you can never go wrong with garlic, add some garlic to the shrimp while it cooks.
More delicious salads you’ll enjoy:
Shrimp Cobb Salad
- 6 cups lettuce
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp on both sides. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with paprika, onion powder, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the shrimp in the same skillet you cooked the bacon in for 1 minute on each side.
- To make the lemon vinaigrette, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, and mix well. Season with salt.
- In a large bowl combine the diced tomatoes, diced avocados, cooked bacon, cooked shrimp, feta cheese, lettuce, hard-boiled eggs, and lemon vinaigrette.
Leave a Reply