These shredded chicken nachos is all you need for a small get together! I love homemade shredded chicken and nothing beats homemade barbeque sauce. I simmered the chicken in the sauce and then I topped it all off with lots of cheddar! Yum. Some cheeseburger sliders would be an awesome idea to serve alongside. This recipe gets me in a very festive mode. I can’t wait to make these again.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
Tortilla chips topped with roasted pulled chicken with homemade BBQ sauce and lots of cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 people
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 bone-in chicken breasts
- tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese or spicy queso
- 2 tbsp green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Using two forks, shred the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- To make the BBQ sauce, place the ketchup, water, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, water, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Season the chicken with chili powder if you’d like then add 3/4s of the BBQ sauce to the chicken. Mix until well combined.
- Place the chips on an oven-safe platter and top it with the shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, scallions, and the remaining bbq sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.