These shredded chicken nachos is all you need for a small get together! I love homemade shredded chicken and nothing beats homemade barbeque sauce. I simmered the chicken in the sauce and then I topped it all off with lots of cheddar! Yum. Some cheeseburger sliders would be an awesome idea to serve alongside. This recipe gets me in a very festive mode. I can’t wait to make these again.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
This homemade game day recipe for cheesy BBQ chicken nachos will make everyone in the room go wild! Homemade BBQ takes this recipe to the next level.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 bone-in chicken breasts
- tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups cheddar cheese or spicy queso
- 2 tbsp green onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Using two forks, shred the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- To make the BBQ sauce, place the ketchup, water, molasses, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, water, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Season the chicken with chili powder if you’d like then add 3/4s of the BBQ sauce to the chicken. Mix until well combined.
- Place the chips on an oven-safe platter and top it with the shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, scallions, and the remaining bbq sauce.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.