This cheesy jalapeno corn casserole is creamy, delicious, and made with just 7 ingredients! The ultimate side dish for Thanksgiving or any special occasion.
Why You’ll Love This Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole
- It’s fail-proof.
- Feeds a crowd.
- It’s sweet, creamy, and cheesy, with a hint of spice. Although you can certainly omit the jalapenos.
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix – Purchase an 8.5 ounce of the original Jiffy corn muffin mix. Avoid the flavored varieties.
- Sweet Corn Cream Style – Don’t drain!
- Southwest Corn – Any can of whole-kernel corn will work, make sure to drain it.
- Unsalted Butter – Must be unsalted and melted.
- Sour Cream – Make sure it’s full-fat.
- Jalapeno – Discard the seeds and membrane.
- Cheese – I used 1 cup of cheddar Jack cheese but any type of cheddar will work.
How Long Do I Bake It For?
45-50 minutes at 350 degrees F. uncovered. This isn’t supposed to be firm like regular cornbread. Ideally, it’s supposed to be moist and loose. Don’t overbake trying to achieve a traditional dry cornbread texture.
What Do I Serve This With?
If you want it to be a little sweeter, add some granulated sugar or honey to the mixture before baking. Feel free to taste the batter and adjust it to your liking.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole
- 8×10 baking dish
- 8.5 ounce Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar Jack cheese shredded
- 1 15 ounce creamed corn not drained
- 1 15 ounce corn kernels drained
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 jalapeno desseded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an 8×10 baking dish and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.