Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread is going to be your new favorite dessert, breakfast, or brunch recipe. Loaded with that classic banana bread flavor, but full of gooey chocolate chips and decadent peanut butter. It’s a combination of flavors everyone is sure to love and never forget!
One of my favorite smells is a loaf of bread baking in the oven. Whether that’s dessert bread or sandwich bread, it calms and warms me at the same time. Bread is just comforting all the way around. The smell, the taste – it’s all very satisfactory. So, I never hesitate to jump at making a new bread recipe when I can.
This chocolate peanut butter banana bread is just a small twist on an already classic recipe. It has that great banana bread taste, but there are gooey chocolate chips and a decadent peanut butter addition included. Dare I say, it’s a comfort dessert that ties with these Nutella Stuffed Donuts and Berry Cobbler. I suppose you’ll just have to try them all in order to see which one is the winner!
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients – In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients – In a separate large bowl, cream together the peanut butter and butter. Add in the eggs, vanilla, ripe bananas, and brown sugar. Stir until combined.
- Combine all ingredients – Thoroughly mix both bowls and the buttermilk together. Pour into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake – Top the batter with the chocolate chips and bake for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Storage – Store covered in a cool, dry area for up to 4 days. Store in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 2 months, in an airtight container.
- Reheating – Reheat using the microwave. When reheating from the freezer, let thaw, then heat as suggested.
- Chocolate chip substitutes – If you want to mix things up and try other flavors, change the baking chip flavor! There are so many to choose from these days. Some of my favorites are butterscotch, salted caramel, and white chocolate.
- Is this gluten-free? – If you swap out the flour for gluten-free all-purpose baking flour, you’ve got an easy gluten-free dessert!
- Egg substitute – My favorite egg substitute for this recipe is unsweetened applesauce. You’ll need half a cup for this recipe.
- Ripe Bananas– Make sure to use ripe bananas for this recipe.
- Peanut butter substitute – If you don’t want to use peanut butter, you can use almond butter in its place. If you have an ingredient similar to almond butter, you can give that a try as well.
- Add nuts – I love adding in some walnuts or pecans with this chocolate peanut butter banana bread recipe. They make a great addition and texture variation.
- How to thicken the batter – For the thin batter, add a bit of flour until the right consistency is reached.
- How to thin the batter – Add an extra egg, some water, or a bit more milk. Only a bit at a time, until the right consistency is reached.
Why is My Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread Dry?
If your banana bread is dry, it’s because you either added too much flour or didn’t add enough moisture. If you end up with dry bread, try adding more milk, a dab of water, or another egg. You can also reduce your flour a bit. Your batter should be a bit thicker than cake batter. Also, make sure you don’t overbake this. That will certainly make it dry.
What Do You Serve This With?
Banana bread is often just eaten by itself, warm. However, it’s pretty common for people to spread butter, apple butter, jam, etc. on their banana bread as well. If you’ve never tried it with any of these toppings and have always had it plain, expand your horizons and give these a try. Butter is, personally, my favorite for banana bread.
If you have any questions or would like to share your variations of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread, please let me know in the comments below or on social media!
More Bread Recipes You’re Sure to Love:
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup butter milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the softened unsalted butter and peanut butter.
- Add the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and bananas and mix until combined.
- Add all-purpose flour and buttermilk to the mixture, make sure to start with the dry ingredients and finish with the dry ingredients.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of your bowl and pour the batter into a greased 8 1/2 x by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Using a spatula spread the batter evenly and add the semisweet chocolate chips on top
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply