If you’re looking for a dessert that’s both salty and sweet, then this Instant Pot Salted Caramel Cheesecake is a perfect choice. This delectable dessert has a classic graham cracker crust and cheesecake base and is topped with a homemade salted caramel sauce. Get the best of both worlds in one recipe.
Cheesecake is one of those desserts that’s been used in a million ways. This is because it’s such a delicious flavor, people just can’t get enough of it. For example, I make normal cheesecake, but I also make recipes like Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles, Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes, and Cheesecake Brownies. There are endless ways to use cheesecake flavor and each creation is just as delicious as the last.
Now, many people are used to the traditional way of making cheesecakes. However, technology has given us quite a few more options, like the Instant Pot.
As for me, the first time I made cheesecake in the Instant Pot, I was immediately obsessed and hooked. I just find it less time consuming to make a cheesecake using this method, which is a huge win in my book.
Once you try This Instant Pot Salted Caramel Cheesecake recipe for yourself, you’ll see what I mean.
How to Make Instant Pot Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Prep the pan – Spray a springform pan with non-stick spray and cover the very bottom of the pan in parchment paper.
- Make the crust – Combine all the ingredients for the crust in a bowl and mix well. Place the mixture inside the prepared pan and press the crust into the bottom and partially up the side of the pan. Chill until needed.
- Make the filling – Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add in the rest of the ingredients except the eggs and mix well. Add in one egg at a time, fully mixing in each egg before adding the next. Pour filling into prepared crust/pan. Cover the top of the pan with foil.
- Cook – Add water to the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place the cheesecake on the trivet and place it inside the pot. Cook for 40 minutes on high pressure then allow to rest for 10 minutes and then do a manual release before chilling the cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
- Make the caramel sauce – Combine the brown sugar and butter in a saucepan until it’s melted and combine. Add in the rest of the ingredients and allow to boil until it reaches 225 degrees or until a spoonful makes a softball in cold water. Cool for a few minutes.
- Garnish and serve – Pour the slightly cooled caramel over the top of the cheesecake, garnish with pecans, serve, and enjoy!
Tips and Variations
- Skip the caramel sauce – If you prefer, you can skip the caramel sauce and have a regular cheesecake. This recipe is great as a base recipe.
- Don’t overcook the caramel – If you overcook the caramel mixture, it will make it brittle and it’s not very useful as a sauce at that point.
- Wait to make the caramel sauce – Wait to make the caramel sauce until the cheesecake has fully chilled. If the sauce sits too long, it won’t be pourable.
Will a 9-inch Springform Pan Fit in the Instant Pot?
The most common size for springform pans is 7, 8, or 9 inches. This recipe specifically is for an 8-inch cheesecake. However, if you have one of the other sizes, you can adjust as needed.
The Instant Pot commonly comes in 6 or 8-quart sizes. The 9-inch springform pan is only recommended for the bigger 8-quart size. The smaller springform pans will work for Instant Pot size.
It’s important to use the proper sizes when baking in the Instant Pot as it may not cook upright and ruin your cheesecake. When in doubt, go a little smaller rather than a little bigger. Simply adjust the time a bit.
More Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Cognac Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Baked Fruity Pebble Cheesecake
- Japanese Cotton Cheesecake
- Nutella Cheesecake
- Funfetti Cheesecake
Instant Pot Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs room temperature
Salted Caramel Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 7 tbsp butter salted
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar until it resembleswet sand.
- Spray 8x3 inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut a circle from parchment paper the size of the bottom of your pan andplace in the bottom of pan.
- Scoop graham cracker mixture into pan and press into bottom and up sides about ½ inch.
- Chill crust while you are prepare the filling.
- In large mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in heavy cream, vanilla, sour cream and flour. Mix until blended.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, just until combined. Pour into crust and seal top of pan with aluminum foil.
- Add 1½ c. of water to bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Place cheesecake pan on trivet that comes with your pot and lower into pot.
- Replace lid on Instant Pot and seal according to your pot instructions.
- Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. When time is up, allow cheesecake to remain in pot for 10 minutes, then manually release pressure and remove cheesecake.
- Cool cheesecake on wire rack then cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
Salted Caramel Topping
- In a medium saucepan, heat brown sugar and butter until butter is melted and thoroughly combined with sugar.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, salt and vanilla, bringing to a boil.