Scotcharoos are dessert bars made with Rice Krispies, chocolate, peanut butter, and butterscotch. Only 6 ingredients and a no-bake dessert the entire family will enjoy!
Other chocolate desserts on the site including No-Bake White Chocolate Raspberry Tart, Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread, and M&M Brownies!
This will be your new go-to favorite no-bake dessert! Homemade Caramel Sauce would be a great topping and some coarse salt as well. The peanut butter and butterscotch balance of these delicious scotcharoos are perfect. Only 6 ingredients and you probably have them on hand if you’re an avid baker.
Is it just me, or is it that time of year that you just don’t feel like turning on the oven? Days are getting warmer and I just prefer no-bake desserts. The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for the chocolate to set. Once the chocolate sets you can slice into these and devour them. Although, you don’t necessarily have to wait for the chocolate to set because chocolate is delicious any way you consume it.
How to Make Scotcharoos:
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat cook the sugar and corn syrup until it starts to boil.
Once the sugar and corn syrup mixture starts to boil, turn off the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Mix until everything is nice and smooth.
Combine the peanut butter mixture and rice cereal until well combined.
Place the rice cereal mixture in a 9×13 pan.
Pour the melted chocolate and butterscotch over the rice cereal mixture and spread it out evenly.
Let the chocolate set before slicing into it.
Can I use anything else besides Peanut Butter?
You may use Nutella or Almond Butter.
Do I have to use butterscotch?
Absolutely not. Use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate instead of butterscotch.
More Delicious Desserts You’ll Enjoy:
Watch how to make Scotcharoos:
An easy no-bake 6 ingredient peanut butter scotcharoo recipe that the entire family will enjoy.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Cuisine: American
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups melted butterscotch
- 1 1/2 cups melted semi-sweet chocolate
- Place the sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the mixture starts boiling.
- Once the mixture starts boiling turn off the heat and stir in the peanut butter. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter and sugar mixture over the rice cereal and mix until well combined.
- Place the rice cereal mixture in a 9×13 buttered baking dish.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butterscotch over the rice cereal and spread it out evenly.
- Let the chocolate set before slicing into it.