You will love this creamy lobster mac and cheese without a doubt. Made with real lobster meat, cheddar, and gruyere.
This is the best lobster mac and cheese recipe ever! I know it’s obnoxious to say but it’s the truth. This lobster mac and cheese was out of this world. I sauteed the lobster meat in butter, paprika, chives, salt, and pepper.
Let’s face it, the best lobster mac and cheese are usually served at upscale steakhouses but they can cost a small fortune for a very small amount. This recipe can easily feed up to 4-6 people generously and you know exactly what is going in the recipe. Plus, it’s better.
I boiled the lobster tails in salted water for 3-4 minutes and then placed them in ice cold water to prevent them from cooking any further.
You’re going to need butter.
Not only is it flavorful and creamy, but it’s also super cheesy!
More mac and cheese recipes:
Lobster Mac and Cheese
Cheesy and decadent lobster mac and cheese that will blow your socks off. Perfect for a main entree or a side dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Main Entree
- Cuisine: American
- 2 or more lobster tails
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup gruyere cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chives
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water and salt and bring to a boil. Cook the lobster tails for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the lobster tails in ice cold water.
- In the same pot, you cooked the lobster tails, cook the pasta according to packaging instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet and melt 4 tbsp unsalted butter.
- Whisk in the flour and cook the butter/flour mixture for 1 minute.
- Stir in the milk and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce thickens, turn off the heat and add the cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper and then add the pasta shells.
- In a small bowl combine the breadcrumbs and 1 tbsp melted butter.
- Remove the lobster tails from the ice water and remove the meat from the shells.
- Cut the lobster meat into bite-size pieces.
- In a small skillet add some butter, lobster meat, chives, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Place the mac and cheese into a baking sheet and sprinkle the lobster meat on top. Cover with remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the top is nicely golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serve as a main entree or as a side.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
Keywords: lobster mac and cheese, baked lobster mac and cheese,