You won’t miss the classic meatloaf once you get a taste of this one. In fact, I almost never make classic meatloaf. I usually throw in ingredients that would make you nervous. Like bleu cheese 🙂 For this parmesan meatloaf I used pork, veal, and beef.
I wanted a very tender meatloaf. I did throw in some bbq sauce for extra flavor and I loaded it with cheese. I wanted this meatloaf to resemble chicken parmesan.
Took 1 hour to cook and about 5 minutes to prepare. So easy. Definitely a weeknight meal. Your family will love this.
Cheesy and tender meatloaf. An amazing twist on classic meatloaf.
- 1/2 lb beef
- 1/2 veal
- 1/2 pork
- 3 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven o 350 degrees F.
- Using your fingers tear up 3 slices of bread into small pieces.
- Pour the milk over the bread and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pork, veal, beef, garlic, parsley, chili powder, bbq sauce, egg, parmesan cheese, bread mixture, salt, and pepper.
- Place the meat mixture in a loaf pan with parchment paper and smooth out the top.
- Brush the top with marinara sauce, then top with parmesan cheese and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven, discard any excess oil it released, brush it with some extra marinara sauce and top it off with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!