First time I ever went to New Orleans I fell in love with the food. Most people when they think vacation they think activities, I think food. I start googling all the best little spots. I have to admit my family and friends are great because they let me pick every single place we eat. I think probably because they don’t feel like doing the research.
I had a bowl of New Orleans shrimp and I fell in love. I remember reading the ingredients on the menu so there was no excuse to not recreate it at home. They were absolutely delicious. Give these a try and serve it over white rice or spaghetti.
New Orleans Style Shrimp
This perfectly seasoned shrimp dish brings together all of the amazing flavors of traditional New Orleans cooking. Serve over a bed of white rice for a great weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season shrimp with paprika, granulated garlic, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle a large pan with oil and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the onions and cook them for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and lay them out evenly.
- Cook the shrimp on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the bay leaves, minced garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the heavy cream and garnish with parsley.