New Orleans style shrimp is super easy to make and bursting with flavor! Made with just a handful of ingredients in under 20 minutes!
First time I ever went to New Orleans I fell in love with the food instantly. So. Much. Flavor. Most people when they think of vacation they think activities, I think food and Emeril Lagasse.
I had a bowl of New Orleans shrimp at a small restaurant and I fell in love. I remember reading the ingredients on the menu so there was no excuse to not recreate it at home. They were absolutely delicious.
Why These New Orleans Style Shrimp Are So Good:
- This recipe is super easy to make and is packed with tons of flavor. In other words, it will taste like you spent hours cooking this.
- Naturally Low Carb and Keto-Friendly.
- Requires very few ingredients.
- Pairs fantastically with rice, creamy mashed potatoes, or pasta.
What’s in this New Orleans Style Shrimp Dish:
Mostly fresh and unprocessed ingredients. Win-win! Although the shrimp is the star of the dish, the spices, cream, and Worcestershire sauce is what takes it to the next level.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Granulated Garlic
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh Garlic
- Bay Leaves
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make New Orleans Style Shrimp:
Cooking shrimp has never been easier, here’s all you have to do to make these delicious New Orleans style shrimp:
- Season the shrimp with paprika, granulated garlic, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the onions until translucent in a large pan over medium heat with some oil.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Stir in the fresh garlic, bay leaves, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the heavy cream, simmer over low heat for an additional minute and garnish with fresh parsley.
Can you make this ahead of time?
You can season the shrimp ahead of time, just make sure you refrigerate it and then bring to room temperature before cooking. However, I highly recommend making the sauce at dinner time since it only takes a couple of minutes.
More Shrimp Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
New Orleans Style Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bay leafs
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season shrimp with paprika, granulated garlic, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle a large pan with oil and 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the onions and cook them for a couple of minutes over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and lay them out evenly.
- Cook the shrimp on both sides for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the bay leaves, minced garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the heavy cream and garnish with parsley.