Look no further for a creamy and smooth no-bake peppermint cheesecake. This festive and fun cheesecake is the ultimate holiday dessert!
These oreo peppermint cake pops and this peppermint white Russian are the only peppermint recipes on my blog. And guess what? I absolutely love peppermint! So of course I had to share some more recipes including it. You are going to love this peppermint cheesecake, I just know it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Let’s point out the obvious first, this cheesecake is absolutely gorgeous.
- It’s super easy to make and there’s no baking or water bath involved.
- Perfect for those folks who aren’t a fan of gingerbread or pumpkin.
- It isn’t too heavy, it’s perfectly sweet and refreshing.
Cream Cheese – Make sure it’s softened.
Red Food Coloring – It’s optional but I highly recommend it for that classic beautiful holiday look.
Oreos – If you can’t find Oreo cookies, use chocolate graham cookies instead.
- Make sure to fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese filling gently so you don’t deflate the air. If you whip it too quickly it will become too loose.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6-8 hours otherwise, it can fall apart and won’t hold its shape.
- Since different peppermint extract is more potent than others, I like to start with just ¼ teaspoon of peppermint extract, then taste from there. Especially since you are adding crushed peppermints to the filling, you need to taste before adding more. Since there are no eggs involved, feel free to taste the cheesecake batter!
Can I Freeze It?
I don’t recommend freezing it until after you refrigerate it for at least 6 hours. Don’t skip that step! But yes, after you refrigerate it for 6-8 hours, you can freeze it and enjoy it at a later time.
More Cheesecake Recipes You Might Enjoy
Tried this no-bake peppermint cheesecake recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- 30 Oreo cookies crushed
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract or more to taste
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup candy canes or peppermint candies crushed
- red gel food coloring
- Place the Oreos in a food processor, process them until they are fine crumbs. Drizzle in the melted butter while pulsing. Give it a stir with a spatula to make sure the crumbs are coated in the butter. Press the crumbs into a 9-inch springform pan on the bottom and slightly up the sides. Place it in the freezer while you assemble the filling.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer, until smooth. Add the granulated sugar and mix it in. Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and peppermint extract, mix to combine, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks, make sure not to over-mix. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture gently until there are no streaks. Taste and add more peppermint extract if you want more of a mint flavor.
- Fold in the crushed candy canes. Divide the mixture into two bowls. Color one of the bowl with red food coloring until you get a shade of pink that you like.
- Dollop the filling into the crust, so it has a mix of pink and white filling throughout, smooth out the top. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight if you can.
- Take off the outer attachment of the pan, slice, and serve with toppings or as is.