This cake is super moist and it bursts with Oreo cookie flavor. I basically took my favorite chocolate cake recipe and added Oreo cookies to a cream cheese frosting. Genius right? Ok, not really but I was super thrilled with the end result. Hopefully, you will enjoy this as much as I did.
This super-rich, moist cake is bursting with delicious chocolatey flavor! Baked from scratch and topped with homemade Oreo cream cheese icing, you can’t go wrong with this tasty and tempting dessert.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10–15 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter and flour two 9″ cake pans
- Sift the unsweetened cocoa powder, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vegetable oil, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour mixture and egg mixture until well incorporated then pour in the boiling water slowly while mixing
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and tap pans on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles
- Bake the cakes for about 28-30 minutes or until fully cooked through
- Allow the cakes to completely cool, once cooled frost the cakes
- To make the frosting, mix the cream cheese and butter for about 2 minutes
- Add the powdered sugar, milk, Oreo cookies, and vanilla extract, mix for about 3 minutes on high speed