These buttermilk shredded chicken sandwiches are seasoned and cooked to perfection. Serve these on toasted buns with mayo, cheese, lettuce, and tomato for the ultimate lunch!
These pair fantastically with creamy sriracha coleslaw and sweet potato fries!
The best part about these shredded chicken sandwiches is how flavorful they are. You can also skip the bread and condiments and just serve the shredded chicken on lettuce wraps for a healthier option.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Boneless Chicken Tenderloins
- Barbecue Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Garlic
- Onion Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Sandwich Buns
- Cheddar Cheese
What Makes These So Delicious?
- Takes less than 10 minutes to cook.
- It can be served as a delicious comforting meal with cheese, bread, mayo, pickles, etc. Or it can be served with grilled veggies on the side or on top of lettuce wraps.
- Add as much or as little barbecue sauce as you’d like. This recipe is super versatile. Adjust it to your liking.
- You may also serve these on whole wheat buns.
- This recipe can also be made in the crock pot or instant pot.
Can I use Skinless Chicken Breasts Instead of Chicken Tenderloins?
Absolutely, just keep in mind that a larger piece of meat will take longer to cook than a thin chicken tenderloin.
Can I use Buffalo Sauce Instead of Barbecue Sauce?
Yes, feel free to use any type of sauce you prefer. Buffalo sauce, barbecue sauce, and sugar-free barbecue sauce work just as well.
Once you make these stovetop delicious sandwiches, you will never want to fire up a grill or turn the oven on! These are super delicious, cook extremely quickly, and perfect to feed a crowd!
More Sandwich Recipe Ideas…
- The Perfect Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Salmon Burgers
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
Shredded Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 5 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp parsley dried
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by mixing together the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and sugar together in a bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the mixture to the buttermilk as well as the salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, and minced garlic.
- Add the chicken to the buttermilk mixture. Marinade the chicken in the fridge for a minimum of one hour.
- Remove the chicken strips from the marinade and cook them in the pan for three to four minutes on each side until they form a skin and remove them from the pan.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and stir in the barbecue of your choice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a toasted bun with cheddar cheese, mayo, lettuce, and tomato, if desired.