These honey lemon pepper wings are fried till golden brown and then tossed in a delicious honey lemon pepper sauce. Super flavorful, crispy on the outside, and juicy on the inside. Perfect for parties and game day!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
These are hands down the best chicken wings you will ever eat. Crispy fried chicken wings seasoned and fried to perfection, and super easy to make. The special ingredient is baking powder, it makes such a difference! You won’t taste it but it will make them super crispy.
Why I Love This Honey Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
- Minimal ingredients – You only need spices, chicken, oil, butter, honey, baking powder, and flour.
- High Protein – More than 67 grams of protein.
- Cooking time – The chicken cooks in only 6-8 minutes.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Bone-in Chicken Wings – I prefer to use small bone-in wings but any size works.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Salt-Free Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Spices – Paprika, Oregano, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Salt.
How To Make Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
Making these chicken wings is so easy, here’s how you do it:
- Begin by seasoning the chicken and let it sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. You never want to cook cold chicken.
- Season the flour with spices, salt, and baking powder. Coat the chicken with the seasoned flour twice.
- Fry the chicken wings in peanut oil or canola oil for 3-4 minutes on each side for a total of 6-8 minutes. The oil should be between 350 and 375 degrees F. Once the chicken is fully cooked through, place it on a wire rack and let them cool while you prepare the honey lemon pepper sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, lemon pepper seasoning, and honey. Season with salt and then pour it all over the chicken wings.
FAQS And Variations
What Is Lemon Pepper Seasoning Made Of?
It’s made of granulated lemon zest and cracked black peppercorns. It’s much more potent than fresh lemon zest and freshly ground black pepper. If you don’t have lemon pepper seasoning, feel free to substitute it for fresh lemon zest and fresh black pepper. You can also use a salt-free citrus seasoning blend.
Can I Use Maple Syrup Instead Of Honey?
Yes, absolutely. You may use agave, pancake syrup, or maple syrup instead.
Can I Use Boneless Chicken Instead Of Bone-In Chicken?
Yes. You can cook up some boneless chicken wings and drizzle it with the honey lemon pepper sauce the same way you would the bone-in wings.
Can I Bake Them Instead Of Frying?
If you want to bake the wings instead, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and bake for 45-50 minutes flipping halfway.
Storage And Reheating:
If there are any leftovers, place them in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. You can freeze these for up to 6 months. To reheat, let the wings come to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 10-20 minutes.
What Can I Serve These With?
These honey lemon pepper wings are great on their own but you may certainly serve these with a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing. If planning on serving them as a main course, creamy coleslaw and 4 cheese mac and cheese go great with these.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest!
Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- 1.5 lbs chicken wings bone-in
- 2 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- oil, for frying
Honey Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tbsp Salt-Free Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl combine the salt, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Season the chicken with half of the spice blend. Season the flour with the remaining spice blend and baking powder.
- Coat the chicken wings in the seasoned flour twice. Shaking off any excess flour.
- Fry the chicken wings for 3-4 minutes on each side. 6-8 minutes total. Place the cooked chicken wings on a wire rack while you prepare the sauce.
- For the honey lemon pepper sauce, simply mix the melted butter, honey, and lemon pepper seasoning. Season with salt to taste and pour it all over the wings. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply