I know it’s fall and I should be mostly sharing apple and pumpkin recipes however if you’ve been outside lately you know that it’s been super warm. It was 78 degrees today in the garden state. I can’t wait for the low 50’s so I could drink my pumpkin spice lattes in total bliss. Now that that’s out of the way, this is an oven roasted chicken wing recipe and it is the best recipe ever.
I also have an amazing recipe for the best fried chicken wings I’ve ever made, click here: http://www.cookedbyjulie.com/chicken-wings/
I started by placing the wings in a salt water brine. I don’t ever remove the tips because they don’t bother me. I seasoned these with lemon juice, butter, hot sauce, several spices, and I then roasted them to perfection. They were amazing and perfect for the 78-degree weather. Once they come out of the oven I like to brush them with some extra butter and dab a little extra hot sauce. I of course always dip them in bleu cheese dressing.
Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the water and salt.
- Place the chicken wings in the bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, hot sauce, melted butter, paprika, granulated garlic, granulated onion, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with paper towels and coat evenly with the lemon butter mixture.
- Once all of the chicken wings are coated in the lemon butter mixture let the chicken marinade for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken wings in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Serve with bleu cheese and enjoy!