These oven-roasted chicken wings are the ultimate dish for a large crowd, especially game-day! I love serving these with blue cheese dressing, carrots, and celery.
The secret ingredient to the best wings ever is a brine. It makes all the difference in the world. These oven-roasted chicken wings are better for you and super easy to make because there is no deep frying required. Baked chicken wings are definitely better than fried wings. Although, fried wings are tasty too. One simply can never have too many wing recipes in their repertoire.
How Do You Make Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings?
Start off by preparing the brine. Place the water and kosher salt in a large bowl and stir. Add the chicken wings to the brine and cover. Refrigerate for one hour. In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, hot sauce, paprika, melted butter, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pat dry the chicken wings with a paper towel and then coat them with the lemon butter mixture. Let the chicken wings marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes. Place the chicken wings on a baking sheet with a wire rack on a single layer. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
Top Tips and Recipe Variations
- Always bring the chicken to room temperature before cooking it. Never place cold chicken in the oven.
- I left the chicken wings whole to save time but feel free to separate the flats from the drummettes.
- Coat them in barbecue sauce, cayenne pepper sauce, buffalo sauce, or any type of sauce you love.
- Equal parts of honey and sriracha sauce will give you a nice sweet and spicy sauce.
- Enjoy these with any type of dipping sauce like ranch or blue cheese.
How To Know When The Chicken Wings Are Fully Cooked?
When you slice the chicken wings with a knife, the juices should run clear. The internal temperature for cooked chicken should reach 165 degrees F.
Once you try these delicious brined chicken wings, you’ll never prepare them any other way. Your guests will rave about these!
More Chicken Recipes:
- Lemon Spinach Chicken
- Creamy Smothered Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- Honey BBQ Boneless Wings
Oven Roasted Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tbsp unsalted melted butter
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 tbsp hot sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the water and salt.
- Place the chicken wings in the bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, preferably overnight.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon juice, hot sauce, melted butter, paprika, granulated garlic, granulated onion, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with paper towels and coat evenly with the lemon butter mixture.
- Once all of the chicken wings are coated in the lemon butter mixture let the chicken marinade for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken wings in the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Serve with bleu cheese and enjoy!