Cooking chicken parm has never been easier! This air fryer chicken parmesan is cooked in under 10 minutes and comes out perfectly juicy and crispy every single time.
The air fryer is the best investment I’ve made this year! I’m in love with it and I get so excited to cook different veggies and protein. I’ve already made Air Fryer Steak and of course Honey Sriracha Air Fryer Salmon. Although to be honest I was most excited to try chicken parm. You are going to love how easy and flavorful this meal was.
Ingredient’s You’ll Need
- Chicken Breasts – I used one thick chicken breast and sliced it in half length-wise.
- Marinara Sauce – Storebought or homemade is fine. You don’t have to warm up the sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese – Feel free to use any type of cheese you like.
- Bread Crumbs – I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Parmesan Cheese – Please use freshly grated parm if your budget allows.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Spray
Top tips for the Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Use good quality ingredients.
- Do not overcook the chicken. The internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165 degrees F.
- I did not preheat the air fryer but you may do so if you choose.
- Let the chicken rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Flip the chicken halfway during cooking.
What to Serve this with?
Any type of pasta goes perfectly with chicken parm, but you can take the less traditional route and serve this with creamy mashed potatoes or a simple salad.
I don’t have an Air Fryer can I still make this?
Of course, this chicken parmesan is just as easy and delicious.
Although I highly recommend enjoying this immediately, you may certainly place the leftovers in an air-tight container and refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes…
- Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Parm Sliders
- Creamy Smothered Chicken Thighs
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- air fryer
- 1 chicken breast sliced in half skinless, boneless
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce or 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and set aside. Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Add the parmesan cheese to the bread crumbs and mix well.
- Coat the chicken breasts in the egg and then coat with the bread crumb mixture on both sides, shaking off any excess.
- Spray the air fryer basket and place the chicken breasts in the basket. Spray the top of the chicken breasts with cooking spray.
- Cook at 360 degrees F for 8 minutes. Flip the chicken halfway while it cooks. Top the chicken breasts with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and cook for an additional 1 minute or until the cheese melts completely. Enjoy!