Crunchy and delicious buttermilk chicken tenders seasoned and fried to perfection. These are going to be an instant hit at your next party!
Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard Sauce – Made from Scratch!
I’m so enthusiastic about this recipe because it is so much better than take-out! Crunchy and well-seasoned chicken tenders with a homemade honey mustard sauce. What’s there not to love?
Did I mention that these are buttermilk fried chicken tenders? I believe this recipe will give my Honey Butter Fried Chicken a run for its money and that is one of the most popular recipes on my blog.
Fried chicken and honey mustard just go together so of course, I had to make the sauce from scratch but you don’t have to. Although, I highly recommend that you do because it is so delicious and creamy.
The best sides you could serve with these tenders is Coleslaw and Four Cheese Mac and Cheese, no ifs and’s or buts! Need a drink to wash it all down? Nothing beats a cold glass of Classic Lemonade.
For the best chicken tenders ever, You’ll need, buttermilk and baking powder. The buttermilk will tenderize the chicken and the baking powder will help that flour rise and get it nice and crunchy. Fry these in peanut oil for best results.
What Part of The Chicken Should I Use?
You may use chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts. If you use chicken breasts, slice them lengthwise.
How to Make Chicken Tenders – Step by Step
The easiest and most delicious chicken tender recipe you’ll ever make. Here’s all you have to do:
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt, oregano, and hot sauce.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture and refrigerate for one hour.
- Add the salt and baking powder to the all-purpose flour. Let the chicken come to room temperature before coating with flour.
- Dip each piece of chicken from the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour, dip the chicken in the eggs and then back into the flour mixture.
- Fry the chicken on each side for about 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, dijon mustard, and honey.
Let the chicken sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cooking. Adding cold chicken to a skillet with hot oil will cause the oil temperature to drop and the chicken won’t cook evenly.
Honey Mustard Sauce
You may certainly use store-bought honey mustard but this recipe is super simple! All you need is mayo, dijon mustard, and honey!
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- Honey Lime Chicken
- Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken
- Ultimate Chicken Salad
- Creamy Smothered Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Chicken Tenders with Honey Mustard
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, granulated garlic, onion powder, paprika, oregano, 1 tsp salt, and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise and then soak in the buttermilk mixture for one hour refrigerated.
- Bring the chicken out of the fridge and let it rest at room temperature while you prepare the breading station.
- Add the all-purpose flour, remaining salt, and baking powder to one bowl and the eggs to a separate bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces from the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture.
- Dip the chicken pieces from the flour mixture into the eggs and then back to the flour mixture.
- Fill a pot halfway with oil and heat to 350 to 375 degrees. Fry the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fully cooked through.
- To make the honey mustard sauce, combine the mayo, Dijon mustard, and honey in a small bowl.
- Use peanut or canola oil for best results.
- Let the chicken rest at room temperature for 15 minutes prior to frying.
Leave a Reply