Don’t know what to make for dinner? Make this delicious and easy instant pot baked ziti in under 20 minutes! Perfectly cooked ziti tossed in a creamy and cheesy sauce, that will feed a crowd.
Enjoy this with a tomato avocado salad and cheesy garlic bread for the ultimate meal!
It’s no secret that I absolutely love instant pot recipes. In fact, this instant pot lazy lasagna was the inspiration for this dish. You guys requested a meatless pasta option that was easy but still delicious. Well, here you go! The secret to this instant pot baked ziti recipe is in the sauce. A combination of marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce. I skipped the ricotta cheese but feel free to add some once the pasta is fully cooked through. Just stir it in along with the mozzarella cheese.
- Ziti – any short pasta will work
- Marinara Sauce and Alfredo Sauce – Store-bought or homemade is fine
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Crushed Pepper – optional
How to Make Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- Add 2 cups of water and a generous pinch of salt to the instant pot sleeve. Add the ziti and stir well.
- Pour the marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce on top of the pasta, DO NOT STIR! If you stir, you may get a “burn” message. Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Press the “pressure cook” function and cook for 4 minutes. It will take a couple of minutes for the instant pot to come to pressure.
- Once the 4 minutes are up, do a quick release.
- Stir the pasta, add the mozzarella cheese, red crushed pepper, and mix well. Check for seasoning, and add more salt if needed. Enjoy!
Can I Bake This?
Absolutely! After you stir in the mozzarella cheese and red crushed pepper place the pasta in an oven-safe baking dish. Cover with about 2 cups of extra mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Can I Make This on The Stovetop?
Yes, of course. To make this on the stovetop, simply bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and season generously with salt. Cook the ziti according to packaging instructions and then drain the pasta. Add the marinara and Alfredo sauce to a large skillet with high sides and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until warm. Stir in the cooked pasta, mozzarella cheese, and red crushed, and enjoy!
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
You can find more delicious recipes and cooking tutorial videos on Youtube and Facebook.
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb ziti
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the water and a generous amount of salt to the instant pot sleeve and stir well.
- Add the pasta and stir. Pour the marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce on top of the pasta but DO NOT STIR!
- Close the lid and seal the valve. Press the "pressure cook" function and cook for 4 minutes. Once the 4 minutes are up, do a quick release.
- Once all of the steam releases, open the lid and stir well. Add the mozzarella cheese and red crushed pepper. Season with more salt if needed and enjoy!
- I used an 8 qt instant pot.
- I used good quality store-bought sauces for a quick and easy meal.
- If you like spice, use a generous amount of red crushed pepper. I skipped the ricotta cheese but feel free to add it once the pasta is fully cooked through.
Leave a Reply