Don’t know what to make for dinner? Make this delicious and easy instant pot baked ziti in under 20 minutes! Perfectly cooked ziti tossed in a creamy and cheesy sauce, that will feed a crowd.
It’s no secret that I absolutely love instant pot recipes. In fact, this instant pot lazy lasagna was the inspiration for this dish. You guys requested a meatless pasta option that was easy but still delicious. Well, here you go! The secret to this instant pot baked ziti recipe is in the sauce. A combination of marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce. I skipped the ricotta cheese but feel free to add some once the pasta is fully cooked through. Just stir it in along with the mozzarella cheese.
- Ziti – any short pasta will work
- Marinara Sauce and Alfredo Sauce – Store-bought or homemade is fine
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Crushed Pepper – optional
How to Make Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- Add 2 cups of water and a generous pinch of salt to the instant pot sleeve. Add the ziti and stir well.
- Pour the marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce on top of the pasta, DO NOT STIR! If you stir, you may get a “burn” message. Close the lid and seal the valve.
- Press the “pressure cook” function and cook for 4 minutes. It will take a couple of minutes for the instant pot to come to pressure.
- Once the 4 minutes are up, do a quick release.
- Stir the pasta, add the mozzarella cheese, red crushed pepper, and mix well. Check for seasoning, and add more salt if needed. Enjoy!
Can I Bake This?
Absolutely! After you stir in the mozzarella cheese and red crushed pepper place the pasta in an oven-safe baking dish. Cover with about 2 cups of extra mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
Can I Make This on The Stovetop?
Yes, of course. To make this on the stovetop, simply bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and season generously with salt. Cook the ziti according to packaging instructions and then drain the pasta. Add the marinara and Alfredo sauce to a large skillet with high sides and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until warm. Stir in the cooked pasta, mozzarella cheese, and red crushed, and enjoy!
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Instant Pot Baked Ziti
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb ziti
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp red crushed pepper optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the water and a generous amount of salt to the instant pot sleeve and stir well.
- Add the pasta and stir. Pour the marinara sauce and Alfredo sauce on top of the pasta but DO NOT STIR!
- Close the lid and seal the valve. Press the "pressure cook" function and cook for 4 minutes. Once the 4 minutes are up, do a quick release.
- Once all of the steam releases, open the lid and stir well. Add the mozzarella cheese and red crushed pepper. Season with more salt if needed and enjoy!
- I used an 8 qt instant pot.
- I used good quality store-bought sauces for a quick and easy meal.
- If you like spice, use a generous amount of red crushed pepper. I skipped the ricotta cheese but feel free to add it once the pasta is fully cooked through.