These crab stuffed shrimp can be served as an appetizer or a main dish alongside creamy mashed potatoes. Butterflied shrimp with a delicious crab meat stuffing made in under 30 minutes!
This was one of the first recipes I ever shared on Youtube and it’s still one of my all-time favorites.
For this stuffed shrimp recipe I used real lump crab meat, I think it’s important to use the real thing. I also used real mayo and old bay seasoning. I believe a good crab filling consists of good quality crab, real mayo, and old bay seasoning.
Why this stuffed shrimp recipe is so good
- It’s a classic elegant dinner recipe that will impress your guests.
- The shrimp are juicy and flavorful and cook perfectly in the oven alongside the crab meat filling.
- If you omit the breadcrumbs this meal can be low carb and keto-friendly.
Ingredient’s you’ll need for this recipe:
- Crab Meat
- Real Mayo
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Cayenne Pepper
- Bread Crumbs
- lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
How to butterfly shrimp
Use a pairing knife to slit the underside of the shrimp. Do not cut all the way through. Place the shrimp down on the plate with the tails up.
What to serve with crab-stuffed shrimp
More shrimp recipes you’ll enjoy:
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 of lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper lightly.
- Fold in the crabmeat gently, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel shrimp leaving tails on then butterfly and season with salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the crab mixture on top of the shrimp.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until fully cooked through, squeeze a little lemon juice if desired and enjoy!