Stuffed shrimp is so easy to make and yet I always feel tempted to order them at restaurants. I never order things that I can simply make at home because what’s the point? I am in love with stuffed shrimp. I filmed this video in 2013 and the photos are atrocious but for some reason, I feel like in 2020 I’ll feel that way about my 2017 photos.
I almost didn’t share this recipe on this site because of how bad the photos are but that would be a terrible disservice for my Youtube subscribers because they love this recipe or at least that’s what they say.
I used real crab meat, I think it’s important to use the real thing. I also used real mayo and old bay seasoning. I think a good crab filling consists of good quality crab, real mayo, and old bay. I wish I would’ve done a lemon butter sauce for these, that would’ve taken it up a notch.
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 of lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper lightly.
- Fold in the crabmeat gently, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel shrimp leaving tails on then butterfly and season with salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the crab mixture on top of the shrimp.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until fully cooked through, squeeze a little lemon juice if desired and enjoy!