Stuffed shrimp is so easy to make and yet I always feel tempted to order them at restaurants. I never order things that I can simply make at home because what’s the point? I am in love with stuffed shrimp. I filmed this video in 2013 and the photos are atrocious but for some reason, I feel like in 2020 I’ll feel that way about my 2017 photos. I almost didn’t share this recipe on this site because of how bad the photos are but that would be a terrible disservice for my Youtube subscribers because they love this recipe or at least that’s what they say 🙂
I used real crab meat, I think it’s important to use the real thing. I also used real mayo and old bay seasoning. I think a good crab filling consists of good quality crab, real mayo, and old bay. I wish I would’ve done a lemon butter sauce for these, that would’ve taken it up a notch.
They were fantastic as is but a little sauce always works wonders.
These stuffed shrimp appetizers are stuffed with crab and they are wonderful to serve at parties since they fill you up and are just impressive to show off. They sweetness of the seafood compliments the spice blend. Try them today!
- Prep Time: 85 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 100 minutes
- 2 lbs shrimp
- 1 lb crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp old bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 of lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, old bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, parsley, bread crumbs, egg, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper lightly.
- Fold in the crabmeat gently, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel shrimp leaving tails on then butterfly and season with salt and pepper.
- Place about 1 tbsp of the crab mixture on top of the shrimp.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until fully cooked through, squeeze a little lemon juice if desired and enjoy!